The experience of getting a fresh beard trim boosts confidence like a few other things. The ritual of shaping our beards to reveal the best versions of ourselves can truly be a meditative experience.
Top 5 Bestseller Beard Trimmer
Today’s best beard trimmers and electric razors come with a diverse range of features that can be customized to suit just about any need – from precision blades slicing seamlessly down to the millimeter to attachments for advanced trimming of stubble and long beards.
Top 10 Best Beard Trimmer Reviews
Panasonic Beard Trimmer for Men Cordless Precision Power
- Awarded a 2017 GQ magazine grooming award
- Adjustable beard trimmer dial: The quick-adjust trimmer dial and comb attachment provides 19 precision settings for personalized sculpting, trimming, cutting and detailing
- High-performance motor with a linear drive: This Panasonic trimmer is equipped with a linear motor which delivers 9,800 cuts per minute and maintains peak power up to the end of every battery charge
- Ergonomic, rubberized grip provides for grip comfort and control. Rinses clean in seconds under warm running water
- Cordless/corded operation: Use the trimmer cordless anytime, anywhere for up to 60 minutes with rechargeable battery power or plug in for longer use; Includes comb attachment, cleaning brush, blade oil, AC adapter/charger and universal voltage for international travel (AC 100-240 V)
Razor bumps, in-grown hairs, and general skin irritation are some of the most common shaving concerns for men. In order to cut more hair faster, Panasonic developed the cordless Panasonic beard trimmer.
It achieves this with a motor that delivers nearly 10,000 cuts per minute and offers peak power to the last seconds of its 60-minute battery life.
The hypoallergenic stainless steel blades feature 19 adjustable settings for lifting and cutting even thick beards. When you are finished, you can easily rinse off the waterproof blade head for easy clean-up.
Philips Norelco Ultimate Beard and Hair Trimmer Series 9000
- Advanced full steel blades and Beard Sense Technology motor are designed to quickly and easily provide a even trim in every pass.
- The steel head and blades effectively cut each hair preventing skin irritation. The self-sharpening blades will cut more hairs in every pass for faster trimming even on dense hair.
- Easily spin the quick adjust zoom wheel to lock in 30 length settings at 0.2mm (1/128") increments from 1/64" to 25/64" and get the precise look you want. Includes 1 reinforced guard attachment.
- Advanced lithium-ion battery delivers maximum power for high performance cutting. Charge your beard trimmer for an 1 hour to get 120 minutes of cordless use with battery light indicator.
- 100% Waterproof for easy use in or out of the shower. 2 year warranty and guarantee.
With Philips Norelco’s beard trimmer series 9000, you can achieve any look you desire with the help of 30 precision-length settings. This pick is ideal for guys who need a trimmer that is both powerful and compact.
The adjustable steel blades are what make it so special. Repose says that adjustable blades will give you the most control over the length of your beard. “They’re great for beards that are tight, where a millimeter can make all the difference.”
This top beard trimmer’s battery also provides up to 120 minutes of cutting time, and the waterproof design makes cleanup easy.
Wahl Stainless Steel Lithium Ion+ Beard and Nose Trimmer
- All In One Beard Trimmer - Includes 3 multipurpose attachments that are perfect for all facial hair and beard styles: T-Blade, Rotary Personal Trimmer, and Detail Trimmer. Perfect for touching up haircuts, trimming ear & nose areas, and beard trimming for a complete grooming system
- Self-sharpening precision blades - Includes patented technology for superior cutting for all hair types & lengths. The blades are long lasting for outstanding performance in a hair and beard trimmer.
- Cordless Rechargeable - Beard trimmer for men is equipped with a long-running lithium-ion rechargeable battery that lasts up to 3.5 hours on a full 1-hour charge and has a 1-minute quick charge for 3 minutes of use.
- Interchangeable Trimmer Heads - T-Blade for beards and mustache trimming, haircut touchups, body grooming, and detailing. The precision detail trimmer head is for details, clean up, and complex designs. The rotary trimmer head is perfect for ear and nose hair trimming.
- 9 Individual Guide Combs –allows for a wide variety of cutting lengths with included guide combs. Featuring 8 T-blade guide combs for beard trimming from short (1/16”) to long (1/2”) and a 10-position adjustable guide comb ranging from 2mm-11mm
Wahl’s lithium ion+ beard trimmer is a handy hair-cutting tool that’s designed to cut, trim, and detail nearly everything on the body. Lithium-ion battery technology provides up to four hours of runtime and cleanly trims longer beard hair or stubble.
This trimmer comes with a T-blade, a detail shaver head, a rotary ear, nose, and brow detail head, and twelve guide combs. The smallest beard trimmer specifications or features can make a huge difference in your final appearance. According to Fajardo, a T-blade will provide more detailed, distinctive lines. Additionally, it will make cleaning up your mustache easier.
Remington Wetech 100 Waterproof Body Face Grooming Kit
- 7 length style settings - The five fixed length combs and grooming attachments deliver precise settings from skin close to 12mm.
- Advanced, rechargeable battery - up to 70 minutes of cordless runtime after a full charge.
- Wetech 100% waterproof - The WETech design lets you trim anywhere wet or dry, including in the shower.
- Surgical Steel blades - The self-sharpening blades are engineered for long-lasting performance
- Easy CLEANUP - The washable attachments are easy to clean and maintain.
In the shower, using an electric trimmer can sometimes bog down the motor and cause painful snares. Remington’s Wetech 100 waterproof grooming kit features surgical steel blades that glide smoothly against the skin and grab as much hair as possible, even while you’re in the shower.
With up to seven-length settings (from one to 12 millimeters), this top beard trimmer allows you to create any style you want. It has a battery life of up to 70 minutes, so take your time. Just rinse the blade underwater for easy cleanup and maintenance.
Andis Professional Cordless T-Outliner Beard Trimmer
- HEAVY-DUTY MOTOR: The high-torque rotary motor with quality machine drive components to allow for professional-grade shaving at home, generate minimal noise, and retain long-term availability
- CORD/CORDLESS: It is compact and lightweight for better flexibility, you can get consistent power with or without a wire, with cutting strokes per minute of 7,200 SPM
- LITHIUM-ION BATTERY: It features powerful rechargeable lithium-ion batteries capable of lasting up to 100 minutes on a single 1 hour charge with an operating voltage of 100-240V and a 50-60 Hz frequency
- DEEP TOOTH: The deep tooth carbon steel blades feed more hair and can be used for details, close cutting, beards, and mustaches clean cutting
- PRODUCT DETAILS: Andis Model-74000 Professional Corded/Cordless hair & beard trimmer measures 3.2 x 5 x 9.8 inches and weighs 2 pounds, includes 4 attachment combs, a premium charging stand, and a charging adapter
Andis has been helping men achieve professionally groomed faces for decades right from the comfort of their bathrooms. Cordless beard trimmers like Andis 74000 are perfect for guys who want professional-quality trims at home, and this pick offers the precision and detail that many have grown to expect.
With a rotary motor and lithium-ion battery delivering over 100 minutes of battery life, the carbon steel T-blade trimmer cuts closely and delivers clean lines.
“The edge of the blade allows you to work in tight areas around the mouth and ears,” Butler explains. “It also helps with cleaning your mustache.”. Also, the motor is strong, so it won’t bog down or stall with repeated usage.”
Braun Beard Trimmer BT3221
- Sharper, faster, more efficient vs. all previous generations of Braun beard trimmers .What’s in the box : Beard trimmer, Comb 1 - 10 mm, Cleaning brush, SmartPlug
- Precision dial for 20 length settings in 0.5 mm step sizes for an effortless trimming experience
- Lifetime Sharp Blades for even beard trimming and hair clipping
- Create accurate lines and edges on neck and cheek with the main beard trimmer head
- German technology and ergonomic build, for up to 50 mins of cordless trimming. Full recharge in 10 hours.
There are times when having a tool that simply gets the job done is helpful. Braun’s BT3221 beard trimmer is one of the most affordable and accurate trimmers available for men just beginning to trim their beards at home.
The trimmer offers over 50 minutes of battery life and 20 precision-length settings (ranging from .05 to 10 millimeters), so it can be used for both short and long beards.
Trimmer and head comb feature ultra-sharp blades that allow for painless contour edging around the beard and neck. Once your grooming session is over, just run the blade under water to clean it.
Bevel Beard Trimmer Rechargeable
- Premium Limited Edition Design: The Bevel Beard Trimmer for Men features a sleek black cordless design, offering a modern and sophisticated look to elevate your grooming routine.
- Long-Lasting Battery Life: With an impressive 6-hour rechargeable battery life, this trimmer ensures uninterrupted grooming sessions, allowing you to achieve your desired style effortlessly.
- Zero Gapped Blade: Our tool-free adjustable zero gapped blade provides ultimate precision and control, allowing you to achieve a perfectly groomed beard, mustache, or any desired style with ease.
- Professional Barber Supplies: Designed with the expertise of professional barbers in mind, this trimmer is equipped with high-quality materials and advanced features to deliver salon-like results from the comfort of your home.
- Versatile Mustache Trimmer: The Bevel Beard Trimmer is not just limited to beards. It also serves as a versatile mustache trimmer, enabling you to maintain clean lines and well-defined facial hair for a polished look.
Ingrown hairs and razor bumps are more common in men with thicker beards. This is why it’s important to have a trimmer that stays close to the skin without causing irritation.
The Bevel beard trimmer is highly rated as one of the best trimming tools for thick or curly beards. With its built-in antimicrobial blade dial, the blade repels dirt and provides ultra-close cuts without irritation.
When it’s time to work, the trimmer sits comfortably in the hand. Whether your beard is longer or shorter, this cordless trimmer has enough power to hold you over for a few grooming sessions before recharging. The battery life is an impressive eight hours.
Philips Norelco All-in-One Grooming Kit
- Self-sharpening steel blades - The blades are designed to effectively cut each hair perfectly, preventing skin irritation
- Built-in 17 precision length settings - Select your preferred trim length by simply turning the zoom wheel until the length you want is displayed from 0,4 - 7mm with 0,2mm precision for beard and short hair trimming and 7 – 13mm for long hair trimming
- Corded and cordless use - Advanced lithium-ion battery delivers maximum power for high performance cutting. Charge your beard trimmer for 1 hour to get 70 minutes of cordless use. It can also be used while charging
- Fully washable - Simply rinse the beard trimmer head under the tap to thoroughly clean it. The trimmer is completely waterproof
- Skin-friendly blades - Get a perfect, yet protective trim time after time. This trimmer has rounded blade tips to prevent skin irritation
One of the best trimmers for guys looking to invest in a long-lasting tool is Philips Norelco’s all-in-one beard trimmer. Professional barbers also enjoy this style, which is highly rated online.
The self-sharpening steel blades come with 17 precision-length settings, ranging from 0.5 to 20 millimeters, and are waterproof and battery-operated for up to 70 minutes.
The Philips trimmer comes with a zoom wheel at the base and multiple length options. “Turn the wheel to find the blade length you prefer; I like this feature when I want to taper my beard in front of my ear so that it blends with my ear hair.”
Wahl Groomsman Beard Trimmer
- Precision Ground Blades – Our high-carbon precision-ground blades stay sharp longer, use in conjunction with our six-position beard regulator for multiple beard trimming lengths; Our beard guards vary in length from stubble to short & clean, to thick & even
- 10 Cutting Lengths - Achieve a range of beard styles with 10 different beard trimming lengths from 1/8” to ½”; include stubble (1/16) , medium (1/8”) , and full guard (3/16”) in addition to a 6 position guide (1/16” to ½”)
- Battery Operated - Groomsman is a battery-operated beard trimmer that uses two AA batteries (included) for operation and features a contoured ergonomic handle with soft-grip pads
- Men’s Beard Trimming Kit - Includes the Groomsman trimmer, adjustable 6 position guard, 3 stubble combs, 2 AA batteries, trimmer guard, blade oil, cleaning brush, and stand
- The Beard You Want - Wahl beard trimmers for men provide a smooth, precise trim, so you can get the beard style you want. Choose from a variety of guide comb lengths & widths for any beard or mustache style, from scruff to full
As one of the best travel kit trimmers available, Wahl’s Groomsman beard trimmer is lightweight and reliable. The self-sharpening carbon blades on this lightweight powerhouse effortlessly shape beards, mustaches, and body hair.
Whether you have stubble or a long beard, the tool’s 10 cutting lengths and variety of position guards and combs help you easily customize your look. This tool requires 2 AA batteries.
King C. Gillette Cordless Beard Trimmer
- 3 COMB ATTACHMENTS for all beard styles: stubble 1 millimeter, short 3-11 millimeters, and long 13-21 millimeters
- CORDLESS DESIGN. Rechargeable battery providing 50 minutes of trimming time per charge with no performance loss
- LONG-LASTING SHARP BLADES for great grooming results whatever your style
- WASHABLE head and combs for easy cleaning under running water
- INCLUDES: Cordless Beard Trimmer, short beard comb, long beard comb, stubble comb, charger and cleaning brush
With this King C. Gillette cordless beard trimmer, you can trim from one to 21 millimeters long with 12 blade settings and 3 comb attachments. Simply pop on a comb attachment, adjust the blade length, and start grooming.
When you’re cleaning your lip line, Fajardo recommends turning the tool so the blade is pointing up toward the ceiling, so you can scoop out any hairs hanging below your lip line. The cordless design gives you 50 minutes of trimming time, and when you’re finished, you just wash the washable blade head.
What to Think When Select Beard Trimmer
Knowing all the features of your beard trimmer will help you get the most out of it. T-shaped blades are common in beard trimmers, perfect for detailed trimming. Repose says T-blades are excellent for detail work and getting into tight spaces, such as under the nose.
Remember to use your trimmer combs and adjustable precision blade angles. “The more guard length options your trimmer offers, the better control you will have over the length of your beard,” she says.
Trimmer Length Range
The combs on most trimmers range from 0.2mm to 30mm so that you can cut your beard to a variety of lengths. Other combs have adjustable combs that can be changed with a wheel or a touchscreen.
There are trimmers that will have additional features to help you shave. Take advantage of other items included with your order when you buy to get the most out of your bundle, whether it’s more precision blades, travel and storage cases, or even beard oil.
If you like to spend time perfecting your beard every morning, you’ll need long battery life to keep up with your meticulous shaving routine.
The devices we have on this list will last between 50 minutes and three hours, which should be enough to last over multiple shaves. We usually take around 25 minutes to sculpt our facial fuzz.
Battery life is one thing, but you also need to consider how long it takes to get back to 100% charge. This list includes trimmers that take between one minute to charge (in case of an emergency) and one hour to recharge.
Furthermore, some razors below can still be used with the cord plugged in if you don’t want to worry about charging them back up and others can be used without the cord if you prefer the freedom to move around.
How to Use a Beard Trimmer
Whenever in doubt, start slow and stick to your plan. Raquel Fajardo, Los Angeles’ regional barber manager, suggests taking it slow and easy if you’re new to grooming your own beard. “If you go with the grain of your hair when wearing your guard, less bulk will appear,” she says. “It’s a good way to start dropping density without going super short.”
To achieve a shorter look, do the opposite. “If you’d like a shorter and tidier beard, you can go against the grain for a nice, even level. “To keep your scruff looking supple, you may also want to use beard oil.