There are many types of printers available in the market, suitable for almost all office work. A heavy-duty printer must have some eye-catching features, like cloud storage access, wireless printing, or built-in security. Choosing the best printer for heavy-duty work depends on factors such as print volume, print quality, and more. There may also be factors to consider, such as the need to duplicate documents and the types of documents your office handles.
With the best heavy-duty all-in-one printers, you will get some amazing features, such as scanning, printing, copying, and even sending fax images and documents. In contrast, a single-function printer can only print.
Top 5 Bestseller Laser Printer
As an alternative, you can also consider buying a laser or inkjet printer. Laser printers are faster than inkjet printers and have a higher print volume capacity. However, they use offset paper and cost more. Inkjet printers are more affordable and can handle lower to mid-sized workloads. However, inkjet printers require more frequent ink replacements and more experience. We will walk you through this article in order to help you choose the best heavy-duty printer for your office.
Top 5 Best Laser Printer Reviews
Brother Monochrome Laser Printer MFC-L5900DW
- ADVANCED SCANNING CAPABILITY: Supports multiple scan-to destinations such as E-mail, USB, SharePoint, Cloud Services, Network more(1).
- AUTO DUPLEX CAPABILTIES: Auto duplex printing plus the 70-page capacity auto document feeder offers duplex (two-sided) scanning and copying.
- CLOUD-BASED SCANNING: Scan to popular Cloud services directly from 3.7″ color touchscreen, including Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, and more(1).
The MFC-L5900DW is a monochrome all-in-one laser printer with excellent text quality and quick output for small offices. This printer offers a wide range of connectivity options and good speed and text quality. It also features a duplex scanning automatic document feeder (ADF).
Very Fast Printing Speed: When printing the text portion of MS Word, the printer takes an average of 41.2 pages per minute (ppm). Additionally, it has a first-page-out time of 7 seconds for quick work. There is almost no difference between the two times that are rated by the manufacturers. It is therefore a plus point of this printer.
Excellent Output Quality: The output quality of the MFC-L5900DW is quite impressive, helping to sharpen text quality. The font is unique in every detail.
Low Running Cost: The MFC-L5900DW’s operating cost is based on Brother’s price and yield figures for toner and drum, which are 1.9 cents per page. The MFC-L5900DW is slightly cheaper than the HP M426fdw, but it is still more expensive than the Brother MFC-L6700DW.
- Printer Type: Laser
- Print Method: Electrophotographic Laser Printer
- Memory Capacity: 512 MB
- Power Source: 110 to 120 V AC 50/60Hz
- LCD (liquid crystal display): 3.7 in. (93.4 mm) TFT Color Touchscreen LCD
- Fast printing.
- Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and USB connectivity.
- Supports single-pass two-sided scanning.
- Slightly above-par text.
- Reasonably low running costs.
- Below-average graphics.
- Slightly subpar photos.
Brother Monochrome Laser Printer MFCL2710DW
- Print more, wait less. Engineered for increased efficiency with class leading print speeds of up to 32 pages per minute
- Dynamic features meet your evolving needs. The 250-sheet paper capacity helps improve efficiency with less refills and handles letter and legal sized paper
- Flexible printing. The manual feed slot offers flexible paper handling for a variety of papers and sizes, such as card stock, envelopes, etc. To help you create Professional looking documents
Brother’s MFC-L2710DW is a reasonably fast, low-priced monochrome all-in-one laser printer. Low-volume print and copy environments are ideal for it. Nevertheless, its operating costs are a bit high. The print quality, especially graphics and photos, leaves a lot to be desired. Despite being small and space-saving, this monochrome printer performs adequately and is a good choice for low-volume environments.
Small, Space-Saving Design: The Brother MFC-L2710DW measures 12.5 by 15.7 by 12.5 inches (HWD). The weight is only 26 pounds. It is a pretty small and space-saving design.
Wireless Printing: It also supports most connection methods, including Ethernet, Wi-Fi, and connecting to a single PC via a USB port. Any documents can be printed wirelessly from your devices such as Android phones and Windows PCs.
Respectable Print Speeds: The Brother MFC-L2710DW printer can print 36 pages per minute (ppm). The fastest printing speeds are listed here.
Low-Volume Running Costs: Laser printers at the entry-level are typically the most expensive to use. Furthermore, MFC-L2710DW is less expensive than other options. In addition, this is also a high-end Brother printer model. The cost per page is 3.5 cents. Therefore, anyone can afford it.
- Display Size: 2 lines x 16 characters
- Monthly Duty Cycle (max): 15000 pages
- Recommended Monthly Volume: 2000 pages
- Power Consumption When Sleep: 4.6 Watt
- Power Consumption When Standby: 43.5 Watt
- Power Consumption When Operational: 440 Watt
- Exceptional text quality.
- Prints fast.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Ethernet support.
- Relatively low purchase price.
- Lacks support for USB thumb drives and memory cards.
- ADF, not auto-duplexing.
Brother Business Color Laser Printer HL-L8360CDW
- HIGH-QUALITY COLOR PRINTING: The Brother HLL8360CDW can print professional color documents at speeds of up to 33 ppm.
- EASY CONNECTIVITY: Connect via wireless or Gigabit Ethernet network interfaces or wireless print from your mobile device(1).
- AUTOMATIC DUPLEX PRINTING: The Brother Color Laser Printer features an automatic 2-sided printing feature that can help save money and time.
High-speed color laser printer with low running costs and flexible expansion capabilities, the HL-L8360CDW delivers good output quality at a low cost. Brother’s laser printer HL-L8260CDW was recently acclaimed Editors’ Choice. They offer high-quality printing and are truly flexible. HL-L8260CDW claims to provide seamless productivity into your business with easy printing and sharing. However, let’s see what each feature has to offer.
Cost-Efficient Printing: Genuine Brother replacement toner cartridges yield 8,000 pages. By reducing operating costs, you can print more.
Eco-friendly: Brother’s latest color laser range complies with several environmental standards, including German Blue Angel and Nordic Swan. In addition to making your business more efficient, the standards are also more energy-efficient. So you will be able to reduce the impact on the environment and lower your costs at the same time.
Fast and Advanced Scanning: The HL-L8360CDW printer is capable of scanning one-sided and two-sided documents. In addition, there is an auto document feeder with a capacity of 70 pages. Scan to multiple destinations, including email and popular business cloud services.
Triple Layer Security: The device is protected from unauthorized access with a built-in device. Documents and network security are protected.
- Display dimension: 2 Lines of LCD
- Laser Specifications: Class 1 laser product (IEC 60825-1:2007)
- Processor Speed: 800MHz – Sub:133MHz
- Print Resolution: 2,400 x 600dpi & 600 x 600dpi
- The standard A4 color print speed: 31ppm
- The standard A4 mono print speed: 31 pages per minute
- Suggested monthly volume: Up to 3,000 pages
- The printer provides excellent overall print quality.
- Fast and reliable print speeds.
- Competitively low running costs.
- Highly expandable paper capacity.
- High-yield toner cartridges.
- Latest security features.
- Slightly below-average photo quality.
- Somewhat Expensive
HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 All-in-One Wireless Printer
- Upgrade your office – Replacing the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978, this home office printer offers faster printing at 20 pages per minute, includes fax and scan-to-USB capabilities, and is 14% smaller
- Eight months of ink, delivered – This wireless printer comes with a code to redeem 8 months of Instant Ink based on printing 100 pages/month, so you can save on ink and get it delivered to your door
- Organize documents 50% faster – Eliminate steps in repetitive tasks and sync to QuickBooks, Google Drive, and more using Smart Tasks—the easiest way to digitize and organize receipts and business documents on your phone
The HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 offers good-looking output at a low operating cost thanks to Instant Ink. Small office and workgroup users require light- or medium-duty printing with the OfficeJet Pro 8035. It is recommended as one of the best sublimation printers in the market since it performs all of these functions at once.
Smart App: HP Officejet has a mobile application. Wireless printing of all items is possible when you use the mobile app on your mobile phone. It’s a great app. It can automatically detect the printer.
Strong Performance: The OfficeJet Pro 8035 is rated at 20 monochrome pages and ten-color pages per minute (ppm). OfficeJet Pro 9015 and OfficeJet Pro 9025 offer speeds of 2ppm and 4ppm, respectively. This printer is much faster than any other. These speeds are respectable for mid-range AIOs.
Above-Average Output: The OfficeJet Pro 8035 produces excellent-looking documents comparable to those produced by a good color laser AIO. Shapely and highly legible characters appear. It’s perfectly acceptable at any point size, even at some small ones, for use in business applications.
With no other devices required, you can operate the printer. Despite having a touchscreen display, this printer offers all the functionality in the printer. People don’t like to carry around extra devices to operate the printer as a touchscreen display is a handy feature.
- Wireless capability: Yes, built-in WiFi 802.11b/g/n
- Maximum number of copies: Up to 99 copies
- Copy speed, black (draft, A4): Up to 29 CPM
- Fax available: Yes, color.
- Fax Resolution Black (best): Up to 300 x 300 dpi.
- Fax memory: Up to 100 pages.
- Relatively fast.
- Good print quality.
- Competitive running costs with Instant Ink.
- Borderless printing up to letter size.
- Only one paper input source.
HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 All-in-One Wireless Printer
- Upgrade your office – Replacing the OfficeJet Pro 8720, this small office printer offers faster printing at 24 pages per minute, a 35-page automatic document feeder, and is 39% smaller, plus scans up to 2x faster than the HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 series
- Organize documents 50% faster – Eliminate steps in repetitive tasks and sync to QuickBooks, Google Drive, and more using Smart Tasks—the easiest way to digitize and organize receipts and business documents on your phone or printer
- Genuine HP 962 ink delivered to your home: get your first 2 months free when you enroll in HP Instant Ink (optional) during printer set up; plans starting at dollar 2.99 per month after the trial period, shipping and recycling included
OfficeJet Pro 9025, HP’s smart and compact printer, offers a competitive cost per page at an affordable price. The printer prints very well and comes with two paper drawers that hold 250 sheets each. The unit has a single-pass automatic document feeder (ADF) for scanning, copying, and faxing multiple two-sided pages.
High-Performance Compact Cube: One of the most interesting-looking AIO lines among top printers is HP OfficeJet Pro 9025’s ever-evolving design. With its two-tone white and gunmetal gray chassis, it has the appearance of a perfectly proportioned cube with a 90-degree angle. Unlike many printers on the market, the inkjet printer does not have curved edges or sloped surfaces. The ADF output area is also completely flat.
Copious Connectivity and Security: OfficeJet Pro 9025 has multiple connectivity options, including Ethernet, Wi-Fi, connecting to a single PC via USB, and printing from and scanning to USB thumb drives. On the front of the chassis, you’ll find a USB thumb drive port in the lower-right corner.
Perfect Output: The OfficeJet Pro 9025 can achieve near-typesetter-quality text as a business-oriented AIO. The quality check passes. Despite not being a photo printer, the OfficeJet Pro 9025 can print excellent-looking photographs.
- Wireless capability: Yes
- The highest number of copies: Up to 99 copies
- Copy resolution: Up to 600 dpi
- Acoustic power emissions (active, printing): 7.0 B(A) (printing at 21 ppm)
- Fax Resolution Black (best): Up to 300 x 300 dpi
- Fax transmission speed (letter): 4 sec per page
- Good text print quality.
- Competitive running costs.
- Borderless printing.
- Unique, compact build.
- Pricier than competitors
What to Consider When Select Best Laser Printers
There are many decisions to be made before purchasing a heavy-duty printer. No matter how good your document is, how vivid or clear your graphics are, or how accurate your images are, it doesn’t matter.
If your printer is not strong enough, it won’t print your work properly. That can also affect your reputation. Follow the below-buying guide before purchasing a printer.
Before purchasing a printer, it is important to consider the printer’s printing speed. The speed of a printer is almost always measured in pages per minute (PPM). Some brands may also include characters per minute (CPM). The speed of laser printers is consistently faster than that of inkjet printers. The black and white lines are sorted at a rate of 9 to 25 pages per minute. The speed of inkjet printers, by comparison, is between 5-18 pages per minute for black-and-white text pages. Alternatively, a photo printing printer will require more time. Photo or inkjet prints of 8×10 inches will take between 1 and 4 minutes to produce in high quality.
Factor In Ink Costs
Among the most expensive fluids, you buy is the ink of the printer. It’s especially frustrating when you realize that much of it does not appear on the page. Routine maintenance uses up ink on printers. To see which models make the most of this ink, check out the printer ratings.
Duplexing (two-sided printing or scanning)
Automatic duplexing is one of the features that is becoming very popular and is considered a big plus. The duplexing process involves printing or scanning both sides of a page without having to manually flip it over. Duplexing on a regular printer is tricky. After printing the first side, pull the page back from the printer, flip it over and print the other side.